Vigil of the Secret
Chickpeas, spinach and cod are the main ingredients of awake soup. In the Atrapallada restaurant (Madrid), because they are Galician, they put turnip greens instead of spinach. This is your recipe.
- 4 tablespoons raw olive oil
- 3 sprigs of fresh parsley
- 400 g chickpeas
- 200 g of pure radish greens
- 200 g desalted and chopped cod
- 1 carrot
- 1 through
- 4 slices of bread about 3 cm thick
- 4 eggs
- 100 g Toasted almonds
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- A pinch of cumin (optional)
- Fever bones and skins
- 6 peppers to accompany
- Soak chickpeas the night before (about twelve hours in warm salted water)
- Bring the water to a boil with the peeled carrots, leeks and cod bones and skins. When the water boils, add the chickpeas. Cook until soft (water should cover the chickpeas during cooking). In the middle of cooking, adjust the salt point
- Chop the turnip vegetables, wash them and blanch them in a pot. Drain and save.
- Boil the eggs and separate the whites from the yolks.
- Fry the slices of bread and garlic. Drain and remove excess oil.
- Prepare porridge with toasted bread, garlic, hard-boiled egg yolk, almonds and cumin.
- Once the chickpeas are cooked, remove the carrots, leeks and skins from the cod and bones.
- Add the chopped cod the size of a bite.
- Add the porridge, mix well so that it integrates into the stew and finally add the blanched radish tops.
- Cook over low heat and cover for 10 minutes.
- Chop the egg whites and parsley and spread them on the plates before serving.
- Accompany with peppers.
I will see you on another recipe.