The grill is a piece that is always juicy due to the accumulated amount of collagen. If cooked at low temperatures, the texture of the meat is even more unadulterated.
Chef: Paco Ronsero
He is the prototype of the 21st century hospitality professional: a chef and an equal manager. Technically, creative, rigorous, his performance is astounding. Clearly associated with avant-garde cuisine, he does not blush when he declares himself a fan of popular dishes such as fried eggs or chorizo beans.
- 10 g of fresh thyme
- 1 kg of coarse salt
- 500g sugar
- 1 kg of bread
- 50g butter
- 10 g of fresh rosemary
- 1 egg yolk
- 100 g Iberian bacon
- 200 g of French onions
- 80 g black truffle
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1200 g veal shank
- Mix salt and sugar. Cover the hopping vessel with this mixture for 2 hours. Wash the hocks with cold water and dry.
- Place the hopping pot with the herbs and oil in a container. Heat until it reaches about 20 degrees and the butter melts and marinates for a few hours.
- Cook the hopscotch together with the herbs in the oven or over a fire in a covered pot until it becomes so tender that the meat falls off the bone. Cooking should be very slow, at about 90 ° C for 4 hours.
- Clean the shank of excess grease.
- Immediately before serving, place it in the oven at 120 ºC and glaze with the cooking juice until caramelized.
- Blanch onions in boiling water and cool. Peel a squash, grate it and cut it in half.
- Using a chainsaw, remove the center of the onion.
- At the time of serving, pass the onions through the grill and fill them with egg yolk, which will be inserted into a sleeve or syringe.
Handkerchiefs for bread
- Freeze the bread.
- Cut it into thin slices on a meat grinder. Fold it over yourself, leaving it with volume. Cook it in the oven without taking too much color.
Bacon and truffle ravioli
- Freeze the bacon block and cut it into thin slices.
- Spread them on non-stick paper.
- Peel and cut the black truffle into 3 mm slices.
- Place a truffle leaf on each bacon leaf and add a little salt and oil. Fold each sheet of bacon, leaving perfect rectangles about 5 cm long and 4 cm wide.
- Place the hocks in the center of a tray and serve with onions stuffed with egg yolk and a few bread towels on which the truffle ravioli will rest.
- Place truffle ravioli on each tissue. Sauce with the juice of the hocks.
I will see you on another recipe.