Tomatoes in oriental syrup, passiego cheese waffles and romesco infusion
From kitchen on Chess bar, the first bar and restaurant specializing in cheeses found in Spain, they offer us an original and appetizing recipe that mixes soft and creamy cheese Pasiego (Cantabria) with tomatoes marinated in seasoned syrup.
- 5 g chopped onion
- 5 dl. Water
- 5 dl. soy
- 2 g of fresh ginger
- 250 g white sugar
- 200 g of passiego cheese
- 50 g fried almonds
- 10 g of roasted garlic
- 1 slice of toasted wood bread
- 5 g of sweet red pepper
- 1 g hot red pepper
- 1 g of fine salt
- 1 g of black peppercorns
- 2 roasted tomato branches
- 1 lady
- 1 cl. Variety Arbekina EVOO
- 1 g of sea salt crystals
- 0.5 g stock of sherry vinegar
- 1 kg. ripe vine tomatoes
- Peel the tomatoes carefully so that they do not lose their stalk
- Mix in a saucepan: water, soy, sugar and grated ginger and bring to a boil
- Add the tomatoes to the syrup and cook over high heat for 2 minutes.
- Cool the tomatoes well covered with their syrup for 24 hours.
- Roll the cheese with a rolling pin and between two baking sheets to prevent sticking until you get a sheet 1 cm thick.
- Using a pasta knife, take the waffles and keep them cold.
- For the romesco emulsion, mix the remaining ingredients in a blender glass for 10 minutes until a fine cream is obtained, strain to eliminate possible impurities and cool.
- Place the waffle with passiego cheese, the romesco emulsion on it and pour tomato, previously bathed in olive oil, salt crystals and chopped onion.
Thanks for reading.
55000 Recipes for you