Zucchini flower tempura stuffed with Grana Padano cheese
The flowering season of zucchini begins in early summer and lasts only a few weeks. The taste of zucchini flowers fried in tempura is much finer and smoother than that of the zucchini themselves, with final touches to the white flowers
- 12 zucchini flowers
- 80 g Grana Padano
- 1 boiled potato
- 100 g of sheep ricotta
- 2 dl ice water
- 200 g flour
- Frying oil
- Peel a squash, grate it and squeeze the juice.
- Peel and mash the boiled potatoes.
- Mix potatoes, ricotta, grated Grana Padano, a little salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Fill the flowers with a pastry bag.
- Mix the flour with the ice water and a pinch of salt, avoiding the dough being sticky.
- Spread the stuffed flowers in the dough and drain them.
- Fry in very hot oil for about 3-4 minutes.
- Drain and feed on absorbent paper. Add salt and serve.
I will see you on another recipe.