Tapas croquettes 2.0
Jorge Lozano (Tapas 2.0) finalist in the first edition of the Joselito Iberico Ham Croquettes International Championship during Madrid Fusion 2015
- 3 LITERS OF WHOLE COW’S MILK
- 300 GRAMS OF SHOTA JOSELITO
- 300 CL EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE
- 250 GRAMS OF FLOUR
- 1 ham bone
- Bread a little
- We pack the ham bone together with the milk in a vacuum bag. We will pour the milk into the ham bone for 12 hours at 60 ° C.
- After flavoring the milk, we will start making béchamel.
- In a saucepan, heat the oil, lightly stew the ham, cut into brunoise, add the flour and work for 10-12 minutes, the more you process it, the better. We add the milk little by little, process the dough until we get all the milk to be included, after this step is over, we keep the heat to a minimum and stir often, what we want to achieve is to concentrate all the milk protein, it will take about 30 -35 minutes. When the dough is ready, season, season and adjust if necessary.
- Once the béchamel is made, we stretch it out on a tray, film it and keep it cold so we can shape our croquettes.
- We shape our croquettes, go through breadcrumbs, egg and finally breadcrumbs.
- Fry in plenty of olive oil at 180º.
- They should be crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside.
Now is your time.
David from 55000 Recipes