Squid with its bottom, cauliflower in royal and pure tender peas and sparkling black pepper juice
Immersed in something like culinary neo-naturalism, he avoids unnecessary technology and does not give up innovation and some provocation, he is able to find all the answers in the product. This is the kitchen of Paco Morales, one of the most established voices in the kitchen at the moment.
Chef: Paco Morales
Thoughtful, perfectionist, methodical, picky to the extreme, there is no room for improvisation in his work. His culinary approach is absolutely rational, but with a touch of impudence.
- 3kg of onions
- For king radish daikon
- Olive oil
- 60 squid clean with heads
- For squid
- 4 kg of frozen squid
- 1 liter of white wine
- 500g of water
- To clarify the broth
- 1 liter of squid broth
- 300g Egg white
- For peas
- 200g of daikon radish liquid
- 80g whole egg
- For squid or cuttlefish broth
- 50g butter
- 300g cauliflower
- For the cauliflower puree
- 100g cream 10 g soy lecithin
- 100g butter
- 1 liter of whole milk
- For the pepper air
- 200 g llavaneres peas
- In a non-stick pan, sauté the squid in very hot olive oil.
- Put a pinch of salt.
For king radish daikon
- Mix the turnips until you get 200 g. Go through a super bag.
- Beat the egg and mix with the smoothie, strain and add salt.
- Place on a tray and cover with plastic wrap. Place in a steamer 80c for 8 minutes.
- It is important to change the plastic wrap when it is removed from the oven to avoid drops of moisture on the piano.
For the pepper air
- Mix all ingredients together in a saucepan, heat and mix with a hand mixer.
- Add the lecithin last to get the foam.
For the cauliflower puree
- Boil the cauliflower in salted water until well cooked.
- After we have boiled the cauliflower, we put it in the oven to dry it and there is not much water, then we pass it through the thermomix with the butter, strain it through fine Chinese and put it with salt and pepper.
For squid or cuttlefish broth
- Caramelize the onion until it reaches the limit, add the squid and anchor for 5 minutes, add the white wine and let it cut in half.
- At this time, add the water and cook for about 30 minutes.
- Strain and cool.
To clarify the broth
- When the broth is cold, put it in a saucepan and mix it with the half-beaten egg white, very important in this step, put it on low heat until it boils, strain it and pass it through a super bag. Place in test tubes and refrigerate.
- Blanch the peas in salted water and set aside.
- In a deep bowl, arrange three dots of cauliflower puree, three irregular slices of turnip, three cubes of cauliflower and three small trees.
- Heat the dish with the elements in the salamander until it becomes hot but not dry.
- Heat a tube from the bottom of the squid in the roner for two minutes.
- Meanwhile, blanch the peas, stew the squid and mount on a plate.
- Make the air from black pepper while it has a very ethereal texture, like shaving foam.
- Cover the elements of the plate with pepper foam and finish with three sprouts of chervil and a little freshly ground black pepper.
- It is accompanied by a tube with a hot bottom.
Now is your time.
David from 55000 Recipes