Roscon de Reyes
Although it is an ordinary bun, prepare a good one Roscon de Reyes is not easy at all. This is one traditional recipe which require only good ingredients, patience and a lot of enthusiasm.
- 6 tablespoons toasted peeled almonds
- 1 kg of bread flour
- 24g fresh yeast (40g bread yeast)
- 250 g butter
- 8 eggs
- 225 g of sugar
- 50 ml of milk
- Rosehip salt
- 1 lemon (skin only)
- 1 orange (skin only)
- 40 ml water of natural orange color, not essence (sold in pharmacies)
- Sugar for decoration
- Crush the citrus peels (without the white part) with the sugar.
- Sift the flour with the salt.
- Heat the milk to about 35 ° C (warm) and dissolve the yeast.
- Put 250 g of flour in a bowl and mix with the milk. Beat well. Place the mixture in a bowl, cut it in the shape of a cross, cover it and leave it in a warm place (40-50 degrees) until it doubles in volume and the cross almost completely disappears. A good place is the oven with an open door or cabinet on it.
- Form a volcano with the remaining flour in the center of the table. Mix with the sugar (impregnate with the citrus peels) and gradually add the whole eggs, one by one, and the orange water. Make a dough that separates well from your hands. If you feel difficult, add a little milk until it has the right consistency and is elastic. Work well with the roller and your hands.
- Mix with the first dough, that of the bowl (leaven) and knead with your hands and the rolling pin for 10 minutes. All kneading tasks are performed much better with a kneading robot (Thermomix or Kitchen Aid).
- Finally add the soft butter (in the ointment) and continue to knead for a few more minutes.
- Form a ball and place it in a greased bowl. Cover with a towel and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Knead the dough again, form a ball again and leave it in the fridge to rise again.
- Repeat the operation a third time and put the dough back in the refrigerator.
- Before forming the roscón, leave the dough at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Knead it again, make a ball and put your finger in the center, from there a roscón is formed, which must be very thin, that is, with a very large hole, which will close during cooking until the dough rises.
- Place it on a greased baking tray, place the surprise on the bottom and let it rise again.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Paint the rose with a beaten egg, sprinkle one part with sugar mixed with water and another with almonds, alternating the decoration until the crack is over.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes until golden. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Serve with hot chocolate.
Now is your time.
David from 55000 Recipes