Rice with pie
One of the most popular dishes in the traditional Asturian cookbook. He turned out to take advantage of the leftovers from the stewed chicken by mixing them with rice. Marcos Moran gives us the recipe for his family.
Chef: Marcos Moran
Marcos is the fifth generation of the saga for hoteliers, but he would not have done anything without the involvement of his father, teacher Pedro Moran. Without forgetting how fabada is prepared, they brought Asturian cuisine into the 21st century. They are a great tandem.
- Soft olive oil, salt
- 2 pieces of stewed pita pie
- 500 ml consomme for pie preparation
- 125 g Carnaroli rice
- 1 cup brandy
- 1 ½ bot. Rueda wine
- 6 slices of garlic
- 1 green pepper
- 1250 g onions
- 1 chicken of about 3 kg (8 months)
- For pie stew
- 20 g of onion to make a pie
Pitu stew (chicken)
- Coat the chicken the day before with chopped garlic.
- The next day, set aside the garlic and make a reservation. Add salt to the chicken. Stand for 10 minutes.
- Fry the sliced chicken in olive oil until golden brown. Separate it from the oil and save.
- In the same oil, sauté the onion and black pepper until golden brown but not toasted. Add the chopped garlic, which has been preserved.
- Add the chicken pieces, wine and brandy.
- Stew covered over medium heat. Seeing that it does not stick. If it hits, remove from the heat for a while so that it loosens.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken and strain the onion, which will only benefit from the juice.
For rice with pie
- Saute the onion from the pie stew in a saucepan until very dry from the broth.
- Add the rice and sauté well.
- Add the hot pie consommé. In the middle of cooking (8 minutes) add the previously crushed pie (chicken).
- If necessary, adjust the salt point.
- The rice will be ready in about 17 minutes.
- Let the rice rest for 5 minutes and serve on a plate
I will see you on another recipe.