Red cabbage with apples and blueberries with Castillo de CanenaPicual
In winter, red cabbage is one of the most popular side dishes. Excellent accompaniment for all types of meat.
- ¼ tablespoon mixture of spices
- 6 cloves
- 1300 kg of red cabbage
- 50 ml of white wine vinegar
- Half an onion in small pieces
- 2 pickled pickled apples
- 50 grams of sugar
- 120 ml of cranberry juice or jam (blackcurrant)
- Castillo de Canena Picual Family Reserve
- Remove the outer leaves and leave the central part clean, cut into quarters. Cut the quarters into strips half a finger thick. Place in a large saucepan with 120 ml of water and vinegar. Bring to a boil, then simmer, cover and cook for about an hour, stirring occasionally to avoid sticking.
- At the same time, gently heat the Picual family reserve in a pan and sauté the onions and apples for about 6-7 minutes until soft. Then add them to the red cabbage with sugar, juice or blackcurrant jam, spices and cloves.
- Return to the fire for another hour. Season with salt and spices before serving
Thanks for reading.
David from 55000 Recipes