Potato gnocchi stuffed with cheese
Gnocchi are an Italian food made from potatoes, an alternative to pasta, especially for gluten intolerant people.
- 800 g of potatoes
- 150 g of raw ham
- 200 g Grana Padano Riserva
- 2 eggs
- 3 zucchini
- 1 tablespoon almonds
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- extra virgin olive oil
- fresh basil
As the main ingredient in gnocchi (Italian gnocchi) are potatoes, they are a source of carbohydrates and provide a large amount of energy.
- Boil the potatoes in very salted water. Once cooled, peel them and mash them into a puree.
- In a bowl, add an egg and a little flour to the puree and work with your hands until you get a smooth, non-stick dough.
- In a blender, mix the ham with half of the grated Grana Padano Riserva and egg until a thick and homogeneous cream is obtained.
- Make the gnocchi with the dough and arrange them on a floured pastry board. Divide it into several pieces and with your hands we form cylinders with a diameter of about 3 cm.
- With a knife, cut the gnocchi to a length of 3 cm and fill them in the center with ham cream, using a pastry bag. Close the gnocchi tightly with your fingers to get a lot of round balls and let them rest in the fridge for 30 minutes, on a floured baking tray covered with plastic wrap.
Prepare the zucchini pesto by putting the grated zucchini, almonds, pine nuts, grated Grana Padano Riserva, basil leaves and a trickle of extra virgin olive oil in a blender. Mix everything until you get a smooth and smooth cream. Season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Cook the gnocchi in plenty of salted water for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot with zucchini pesto, garnished with basil leaves.
Thanks for reading.
David from 55000 Recipes