French toast with pistachios, vanilla and milk with coconut sorbet
Very typical sweet for this Easter
Chef: Alberto Chicote
He managed to break new ground and create his own cooking style, mixing different ingredients, flavors and techniques. He now lives in a nightmare in the kitchen and in his new one Yakitoro Restaurant.
- Brown sugar
- 2 vanilla beans
- 70 cl milk
- For the bath with milk and vanilla
- 4 coconut sorbet balls
- For thorium
- 120 g of crushed pistachios
- 40 g butter and a little more to spread on the baking tray
- 120 g egg yolks (6 egg yolks)
- 150 g protein (9 proteins)
- 40 g of flour and a little more to flour the baking tray
- 125g sugar
- 125 g of sugar and a little more for caramelization
- Mix the egg whites and yolks and mix them together with the sugar using an electric mixer until they triple in volume.
- Grind the pistachios in a food processor until they become small pieces, but not crumbs or powder.
- Mix the crushed pistachios with the flour until the mixture is well loosened and not turned into a mazakot.
- Mix the flour with the eggs little by little with a rubber spatula, being careful not to fall and not to fall.
- Finally add the melted butter.
- Grease and flour the flag of the oven.
- Pour the dough over the pan and let it spread over the entire surface, tilting the pan (without spreading the dough with a spatula).
- Bake in the oven at 180 ° C for about 10 minutes, until the tip of the knife comes out clean and hot.
- When cooked, wait about 10 minutes for it to harden.
- Unmold without breaking.
- Meanwhile, prepare the milk bath: open the vanilla beans lengthwise and scrape them inside to extract the seeds.
- Cook with the remaining ingredients.
- When it boils, remove from the heat, leave to infuse for 10 minutes and pour over the torria so that it soaks well.
- At the time of serving, cut the thorium into portions.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and place under the grill for 3 minutes to caramelize.
- Place a coconut sorbet ball and a portion of French toast on each plate.
Thanks for reading.
55000 Recipes for you