A perfect breakfast or snack to prepare and enjoy as a family now, because because of the coronavirus it is your responsibility to stay at home. One of the best contributions to the North American culinary tradition.
- 150 g of flour
- 280 g of milk
- 1 egg
- 50g sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (Royal)
- Rosehip salt
- teaspoon of oil
- 50 g dark chocolate
- 250 g whipping cream
- 3 teaspoons powdered sugar (ground sugar)
IN USA they call them “PancakesAnd served with maple syrup for breakfast. In several Latin American countries they are called pancakes and they also eat them in the morning. In Spain we call them pancakes.
When I was a teenager, we almost always ate them with cream and chocolate sauce, not at home, but in cafes.
Now as well we make them at home because it’s fun to cook them with the kids. You can add honey, jam, etc. Or replace flour and sugar with their whole grains. They are delicious anyway.
Step by Step
- Put the egg, milk, flour, yeast in a bowl and beat with electric stirrers until a homogeneous cream is obtained. Add a pinch of salt and stir again. Let the dough rest for a while.
- Meanwhile, put the cold cream in a bowl. Add the sugar and beat with electric sticks until the cream is whipped, ie it has a thick texture and remains firm on itself. Book cold.
- Put it down chocolate Chop in a bowl with a tablespoon of hot water and melt it in the microwave at a very low temperature so as not to burn. Stir well so that the chocolate sauce is shiny and smooth. If necessary, add more water and stir again. Reserve.
- Heat a pan greased with oil to about 200 ° C. Pour a teaspoon of pancake batter. Let it cook until they start to look like bubbles and small holes. At this time, turn the pan over and cook on the other side. Remove, place on a plate and arrange the remaining pancakes on top of the first.
- Pancakes can also be grilled. It is important that the temperature is strong at the beginning so that the dough does not spread on the pan; later moderated so as not to grab the pancakes.
- After cooking, serve with a portion of whipped cream and a tablespoon of chocolate sauce.
Now is your time.
David from 55000 Recipes