Oxal with polenta fingers, mustard sauce and smell
Another example of the possibilities of fusion cuisine: mustard, Japanese vinegar (mirim), polenta and oxtail …
Keep in mind that stews, especially meat, are better than one day the next.
Chef: Alberto Chicote
He managed to break new ground and create his own cooking style, mixing different ingredients, flavors and techniques. He now lives in a nightmare in the kitchen and in his new one Yakitoro Restaurant.
- 1 tablespoon Matalahúga (anise seeds)
- Frying oil
- 2 cm cinnamon stick
- 7 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 5 cl soy sauce
- 7.5 cl. by mirim
- 50 g of polenta
- 1 very ripe tomato
- peel of 1 tangerine
- 15 cl. cream
- 2.5 kg. oxtail
- 500 g of onion
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 500 g carrots
- 1 through
- 25 g of fresh ginger
- 1 stalk of lemongrass
- Bread a little
- Flour the tail and fry it little by little in the casserole where it will cook. Withdrawal and reservation
- Stew all the chopped vegetables, except the tomatoes, until soft. Add the chopped tomatoes and allow the vegetable juice to evaporate.
- Soak in the smell and soy, add the tail and let the alcohol in the smell evaporate. Cover with water and cook until the tail softens, about 3 hours.
- Allow it to warm in its own juice. Bone it, add it to salt and wrap the meat in tightly wrapped kitchen foil. Refrigerate.
- Bring the cream to a boil and add the polenta. Cook for a few minutes until the beans are soft. Season with salt, pepper and Matalahúga, spread on a tray and refrigerate.
- Strain the broth from cooking the tail and reduce it with a little old-fashioned mustard. Season. To combine the sauce, add a little butter and olive oil and stir gently until smooth and shiny.
- When it is cold, cut the tail into medallions. Heat them over medium heat.
- Cut strips of polenta 1 × 5 cm. Bread and fry them as if they were fingers.
- Serve the medallions on the tail with the hot sauce and the fingers of the polenta.
I will see you on another recipe.
55000 Recipes for you