Contents of this recipe
Orelletes, THE FAMOUS jam with 1000 NAMES. What do you call it ?: Presentation
What do you call these pancakes? Below I left you many names that you gave me on Instagram. These pancakes are typical of many countries and are prepared at parties, carnivals, Easter and many other occasions for celebration. They can be accompanied by chocolate bathed in honey instead of sugar and they are kept for several days without the need to cover them. They crunch a lot and taste like a donut, but with an anise touch. You see, I’ve got a lot, but don’t worry, because in the end they fly. They are large but very thin, so I don’t think you can eat just one.
For 17 eagles
- 650 g universal flour (5 1/4 cups)
- 3 eggs L
- 160 g sugar (2/3 cup)
- 60 ml sweet anise (1/4 cup)
- 60 ml oil (1/4 cup)
- 100 ml of water (slightly less than half a glass)
- 16 g baking powder or baking powder (1 sachet or tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon anise
- 4 g salt (half a teaspoon)
- 1 liter of frying oil
- 50 g of sugar for sprinkling
- 50 g of flour for the table
Orelletes, THE FAMOUS jam with 1000 NAMES. What do you call it ?: Videoreceta
You can watch this video on YouTube so you can comment, like, or subscribe to my video recipe channel.
Orelletes, THE FAMOUS jam with 1000 NAMES. What do you call it ?: Preparation of the recipe
1. – Put the three eggs in a bowl. Add sugar, salt, vanilla essence and aniseed. Beat lightly with the sticks until well combined. Now add the butter, sweet anise and water. Stir again. Now add the flour together with the baking powder or baking powder. Add the flour little by little. Work the dough with a spatula until it costs you and you have to do it with your hands. Integrate all ingredients.
2.- Let the dough rest for half an hour. Cover the bowl with a towel.
3.- Divide the dough into portions. Take portions the size of an egg and shape into balls with your hands. Put flour in a plate and leave all the balls on top. You will receive portions of about 70 or 75 grams.
4. – Shape the eaglets. Put flour on the work surface and spread each of the portions using a pre-floured kitchen roller. You need to take the pancakes as thin as possible. The traditional way to do this is to place it on your knee and stretch your arms.
5. – Fry the eaglets. Put a good amount of butter in a pan, because the pancakes have to float in the butter. Add the pancakes one at a time when the butter is hot. Turn it carefully when baked on one side so that it is baked on the other.
6.- Leave them on a plate with absorbent paper. Pour the sugar on top before cooling.
My tips for making Orelletes:
To keep them, place them in a cardboard box with paper on the base and covered with a towel.
I asked the name of these pancakes in Isntagram and managed to compile this long list: Orelletes, ears, ears, orellas, torrejas, carnival orellas, ojuelas, flakes, fried cakes, donuts, cocs, butter cakes, fern, fried cake, coques a la cassola, picreca, ojaldras, cachangas, pastries, eagles, flour tortillas, puff pastry with sugar, pastries on the knees, fritters, chips cuerito, churro cakes, bougnettes, chibirico, sopaipillas, strawberries, fiyuelas, leaf carrier, yapianti of Inés Rosales.
I leave you the recipe of Wind steaks filled with cream and sour cream (TRICK to make them very hollow)
Stuffed wind steaks.
Now is your time.
David from 55000 Recipes