Orange and ginger jam
The orange season is starting, the perfect time is to prepare a delicious orange and ginger marmalade with oranges from Valencia sunzestfruits. You can place your order online and get them conveniently at home. From the tree to the jar directly!
- 1 kg of sunflower fruit Valencian oranges
- 400 g of sugar
- The juice of half a lemon
- 1 small fresh ginger root
- 1 star anise
- 1 pinch of salt
- Peel two oranges so that the skin does not have any albedo (white part). Cut the skin into strips. Reserve.
- Remove all the albedo from the two peeled oranges, and peel the rest in the same way, that is, without leaving white peels. Remove the seeds.
- Cut the oranges into cubes.
- Peel a squash, grate it and squeeze the juice.
- Put the oranges in a saucepan, mix with the lemon juice, sugar, salt and ginger.
- Add the anise star and the orange peel, cut into julienne
- Cook over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon to avoid sticking to the bottom of the pan. If after this time the jam is very liquid, continue cooking until it decreases.
- Check the point and pour into mason jars. Close hot to keep it longer. If you want to make a real reserve, as there is little sugar in the recipe, it is best to weld the closed jar in a bowl of water for 15 minutes. The amount of sugar can also increase to 500 g per kilogram of fruit.
- Depending on the sweetness point of the oranges and personal taste, the amount of sugar can vary, but should not be less than 350 g per kilogram of fruit if we want to get a dense texture.
- This jam goes well with cheese. It can also be used to accompany a carrot cake.
Want to buy your oranges online? Valencian oranges sunny fruits
Now is your time.
55000 Recipes for you