Hazelnut Mazamora with marinated prey
Mª Ángeles García (second chef at La Malaje restaurant), just won first prize in the national cooking competition D’AOVE with his recipe from Mazamora
- For the mazamora
- 125 g hazelnut cordon
- 70 g of country bread
- 200 ml of water
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 small clove of garlic
- 70 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- For marinated Iberian prey
- A piece of Iberian prey (approximately 600 g)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 liter of extra virgin olive oil
- 150 ml of sherry vinegar
- 75 ml aromatic wine Gran Barquero
- For the pear chutney
- 2 conference pears
- 100 ml of sherry vinegar
- Peel and juice of one lemon
- Peel and orange juice
- 100 g brown sugar
- 30 g grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- 3 cardamom seeds
- Timut pepper
- 1 teaspoon Shichimi Togarashi
- For the Tulip dough
- 50g white sugar
- 50 g egg white
- 50 g of flour
- 40 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- About the rain of Amontilado
- 250 ml of amontilado
- 1 sheet and ½ gelatin
- 15 grams of sugar
- For the buttery noodles
- 200 ml of mineral water
- 300 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 50 grams of sugar
- 2 grams of gelan gum
- 8 gr. Eraser
- Orange peel
Hazelnut mazamora with marinated oloroso prey, pear chutney, amontilado granite, crispy tulip and EVOO noodles
- Perform this step about 12 hours before, approximately: in a container
add the hazelnuts, bread, garlic, salt, vinegar and water (with this
we manage to activate the dried fruits and ferment the whole to emphasize its
- Later, using an American cup, crush the hazelnuts,
bread, garlic and the liquid left in the bowl (point 1). Like
Let’s grind, add a little water if necessary while
you get a smooth and not very thick cream.
- Finally, pour olive oil, little by little, to emulsify.
Adjust the spice. Reserve in the refrigerator.
Marinated Iberian prey
- In a pan, mark the prey over high heat until all sides are browned (
the center of the dam should be unfinished). Remove from heat and save.
- In the same pan, add the butter, garlic and aromatic products.
Hold for a few minutes over medium heat so that the aromas release their own
aromas and then pour the vinegar and aromatic wine; with the last I
manages to emphasize the aroma of dried fruit and earth. Remove from heat.
- Allow the marinade to warm for a few minutes and put the prey in it. I allow
- In a saucepan, add all the ingredients except the pears.
Put on medium heat.
- Meanwhile, peel the pears and remove the core. Cut into wedges and remove
medium fiber with the help of lace.
- Put the pears in a saucepan and, if necessary, add a little water
to cover. Cover with a lid and leave while the pears are
- Drain the pears and return the juice to the heat and reduce for a few
- Strain, remove from heat and allow to cool. Reserve.
- Preheat the oven to 150 ºC
- In a bowl, mix the egg whites, sugar and flour until you get a dough
- Later, gradually add the oil and emulsify.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and spread a thin layer
from the dough and on top grate a little hazelnut. Bake at 150 ºC between 5-
- Then remove the pan from the oven and wait for it to cool and
fresh. Book in a captured container.
- Pour the amontilado and sugar into a saucepan. Put on the fire and wear
- After boiling, remove from the heat and add the gelatin sheets,
pre-hydrated and drained.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and freeze.
- Put the water, sugar and fillers in a saucepan, stir and carry
to boil. Remove from the heat and reduce the temperature to 60ºC.
- After cooling again to 60 ºC, add the oil from
extra virgin olive emulsifier.
- Distribute the mixture in a flat container (should be 1
mm). Allow to cool for about 5 minutes and cut into noodles. Book on
Slab contraction joints
- Using a knife, cut not many slices of prey
- Cut the pears into cubes.
- In a bowl mix the slices of prey, pears, a tablespoon of juice
lutenitsa, minced meat, mint, orange peel and a little olive oil
- Place the base of the mash in a deep dish. Position the sheets
loot and pears and season with the emulsion left in the bowl.
- Remove the granite from the freezer and scrape and place with a spoon
a little on the plate.
- Garnish with tulips and finish with butter noodles.
Now is your time.
David from 55000 Recipes