Mackerel in the marinade and ferment
E recipe This is a classic from Cadiz, seen from the prism of Angel Leon. Chef del Mar brings us his mackerel in the marina to enjoy at any time of the year.
Chef: Angel Leon
His journey has not been easy, but he is finally here! where he wanted: by the sea, in Cadiz, cooking as he had always dreamed. He has made the Ocean his ally and his tasting menu is a tour of the seabed, dunes and rocks. His new project is a wonderful project in the swamps of Port of Santa Maria.
- 250 g of radish
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano mocha
- ½ tablespoon sweet red pepper mocha
- 500 g of sunflower oil
- 150 g extra virgin olive oil
- 100 g of chamomile
- 60 g of soy
- 140 g apple cider vinegar
- 6 cloves garlic
- 120 g of sherry vinegar
- For the mackerel marinade
- c / s coarse salt
- 2 mackerel
- 70 g of water
- 2 tablespoons sweet red pepper mocha from La Vera
- 12 g coarse salt
- 5 g of beets
- 15 g of fine salt
- 250 ml of mineral water
- 250 ml of radish smoothie
- For fermented radish
- 30 g base of adabo
- 100 g of marinade oil
- 300 g of sunflower oil
- 5 g of salt
- 30 g stock
- 1 head of protein
- For a drink-drink of your marinade
- For the mackerel
For the mackerel
- The mackerel is cut and the thorn is removed.
- Bleed in ice and water and allow to dry.
- Add salt for 8 minutes.
- Wash and dry again.
- Arrange in vacuum bags with the marinade.
For the marinade
- Crush the salt and garlic without germs in a mortar.
- Add oregano and mash again.
- Add the vinegars, soy, alcohol, oils and peppers.
- Emulsify well and add water.
- Leave to infuse for 1 hour.
- Strain through fine porcelain and wrap with mackerel.
- Clean the turbid head and bleed well.
- Vacuum and cook at 65 ° C for 2 hours.
- Strain the gelatin (protein) from the vacuum bag and place in a Thermomix cup.
- Add salt and the rest of the marinade.
- Emulsify with both oils little by little at a temperature of 50 ºC.
- Add stock.
For the radishes
- Mix the ingredients and store them in an airtight container at 28ºC for 5 days.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- Cook the mackerel during assembly in a roner at 65 ° C for 30 seconds. Remove from the bag and dry well.
- Place evenly with the hot marinade.
- In a bowl, arrange three radishes, sauteed salicornia and mackerel.
Thanks for reading.
David from 55000 Recipes