Contents of this recipe
Preparation time: 3 hours
Today I present to you the recipe for the traditional lean steaks from l’Empordà. I searched for the recipe on my friend Pilar’s blog Les receptes que m’agraden.
These are very easy to prepare steaks, and they will take very little time to make. Once made, if you keep them for another day, better than freezing them and thus when thawed they will become tender as freshly cooked.
For 6 people
- 300 g flour
- 100g sugar
- 3 eggs
- Peel a lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon aniseed grain Matalahúva (optional)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 25 g of fresh yeast or 10 g of dry bread yeast
- 3 tablespoons warm milk (50 ml)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons sweet anise
- Frying oil
Lean steaks: recipe preparation
1. – Put all the ingredients in a bowl (except the frying oil) and mix until you get a sticky and quite liquid dough. Cover with plastic wrap and let it rest for two hours or until the dough rises and becomes fluffy.
2.- Heat a lot of oil in a pan. Take one teaspoon of dough and with another teaspoon help yourself to leave the dough in the pan. Let it turn red on low heat. When it is well baked, take it out on a plate with absorbent paper and check that the first one is well made on the inside. It is easy for them to stay raw and therefore you will fry them over a moderate heat.
3. – Pass the steaks through the sugar before cooling.
You can serve them this way, alone or with hot chocolate.
Enjoy the tradition
Now is your time.
David from 55000 Recipes