Hello I am David
Are you ready for the next recipe?
Eva Arginiano’s recipe for traditional yogurt and lemon sponge cake, an easy dessert, perfect to accompany breakfast or a snack.
Ingredients (8 people):
- 3 eggs
- 1 sachet of baking powder (16 g of baking powder)
- 1 lemon yogurt (125 grams)
- flour (3 measures yogurt)
- sugar (2 measures yogurt)
- extra virgin olive oil (1 measure of yogurt)
- peel of 1 lemon
- butter and flour (to spread the form)
- jam, powdered sugar and mint leaves (for garnish)
Preparation of the recipe for lemon sponge cake:
Heat the oven.
Smash eggs. Add sugar, yoghurt, butter and lemon peel. Mix flour and May and add them to mixture. Continue beating until all ingredients are perfectly incorporated. To measure the amount of flour, sugar and olive oil, use empty yogurt container.
Grease the mold with butter or oil and sprinkle with flour, pour the mixture and bake at 180ºC for 40-45 minutes.
Let it harden and destroy it. Serve the lemon cake, sprinkle it with a little icing sugar and garnish the plate with a little jam and a little mint leaves.
To make the yeast have a greater effect, you can let the dough rest for 15 minutes before placing it in the oven.
Why doesn’t the cake rise?
Although it is a typical and simple recipe, getting a sponge cake with volume, tender and fluffy has its tricks. We explain the reasons why the cake does not rise:
- You forgot about the yeast. Forgetting the yeast or placing too little is the main reason the cake does not rise.
- You put a lot of yeast: Not a little, not a lot … Adding double yeast to rise is also not the solution. Too much yeast makes the dough rise very quickly, but it falls just as easily.
- The dough is too liquid or too thick: It’s not always easy, but there must be a mixture intermediate consistency. Neither too thick nor too liquid. If it is too liquid, you can add a little more flour. If it is very thick, add a little milk or water.
- The oven temperature is not suitable: Be sure of Preheat the oven before preparing the cake and activating heat only from below at a temperature of 180 ° C for the specified time. In this way, the air rises from the bottom up, which causes the cake to increase in volume in the same way.
More cake recipes
Sponge cake is a very popular dessert around the world, although in each area it gets a different name. For example, in Argentina, Uruguay, Ecuador, Bolivia and Peru it is also called sponge cake. However, in other Latin American countries and the Canary Islands it is known as what what.
.related.rel-taboola grid-template-columns: 1fr! important; .
Now is your time.
David from 55000 Recipes