Lamb in a sauce with peas
The lamb is one of the gastronomic emblems of Easter and also of La Rioja, but it is not the only one.
Chef: Francis Paniego
Heir to an important saga for hoteliers, he is the great kitchen innovator in Riohan. He divides his life between Echaurren, the family restaurant in Ezcaray, where he has his restaurant, El portal de Echaurren, and Tondeluna, the gastro bar in Logroño.
- Salt and pepper
- 600 g boneless lamb leg
- 400 g of fresh peas
- 1 onion
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 dried pepper
- 100 ml of white wine
- Garlic and parsley porridge
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Bay leaf, thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Mash the pieces of lamb in flour, shaking them well so that they do not have excess.
- Fry them in a pan with very hot olive oil until golden brown.
- Transfer them to a saucepan. Add a little water, bay leaf and dried pepper. Add the garlic and parsley porridge and the white wine. If the butter from the fried lamb is not burnt, add a little, otherwise add a little pure butter.
- Bring to the boil and allow the liquid to evaporate.
- Add onion, cut into large pieces and a head of unpeeled garlic, let them brown well.
- Add a little flour and stew, but it burns. This will serve to thicken the sauce.
- Remove the pieces of lamb and pass the sauce through a blender. Reserve.
- Put the lamb back in the casserole, without the sauce, cover with water, not much and season. Cook until soft. A few minutes before the end of cooking, add the sauce and combine well with back and forth movements.
- Add the peas, pre-peeled, lightly cooked and drained to finish the lamb.
- Serve the lamb pea stew with its sauce and garnish with a sprig of thyme or rosemary.
List of stores where you can buy online, phone …
White meat from www.carnicasblanco.es
A group of pastors – Aragon: www.grupopastores.coop/comprar/
Butcher blacksmith (Fuenlabrada – Madrid) www.carniceriasherrero.com/tienda/
Square meat (BURGOS) Specialty in lamb suckling Igp Orders by mail: email@example.com
Corderex – From 14 April For orders: 924 84 79 53 tienda.eagroup.coop
I will see you on another recipe.
55000 Recipes for you