Lamb bells cooked in desert sand, falafel, peas and garlic puree
The influence of Arabic cuisine bathes this recipe Paco Morales. This fragrant lamb dish will delight everyone with a slightly different preparation than is traditionally used.
Chef: Paco Morales
Thoughtful, perfectionist, methodical, picky to the extreme, there is no room for improvisation in his work. His culinary approach is absolutely rational, but with a touch of impudence.
- Argan oil
- 50 g tomatoes
- 25 g fresh onions
- 8 g black pepper
- For yogurt lime
- 144 g of chickpea flour
- 14 g of parsley
- 8 g of fresh coriander
- 200 g onions
- For falafel (5g x 4 units x pax)
- 400 g chickpeas
- 10 dl olive oil
- Fine salt
- 40 nasturtium leaves
- 2 kg lamb bells (boneless neck)
- For the lamb ringing
- Bicarbonate of soda
- 200 g of natural yogurt
- For the dark background
- Alcin sprouts
- What else
- 2 liters of olive oil
- 8 heads of garlic
- For the garlic puree
- Water / ice
- 200 g peas Llavanera
- For peas
- 5 liters of mineral water
- 500 g of onions
- 1/2 liter of red wine
- 2.5 kg of beef breast
- 500 g of carrots
- 500 g onions
- 2.5 kg of veal knee bone
- olive oil for frying
For the lamb ringing
- Clean the bell of possible bones and impurities.
- Season with salt and roll.
- Blanch the nasturtium leaves and roll up the bell
- Heat the sand bath to 80 ºC
- Cook the lamb for 4 hours, two hours on each side.
For falafel (5g x 4 units x pax)
- Soak chickpeas in water for 24 hours from the refrigerator in a cool place.
- Blanch coriander and parsley with water, fine salt and baking soda.
- Drain and cook the ingredients on low heat for 30 minutes without overcoming the low boil.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Mix all ingredients until you get a homogeneous mass.
- Form 5 g balls and freeze.
For yogurt lime
- Spread the natural yogurt on a dehydrator tray.
- Dehydrate at 65 ° C for about two hours.
- Break into large pieces.
For the dark background
- Toast the knees, breasts, cut into large pieces, and peeled and coarsely chopped vegetables in portions in several batches in a preheated oven at 200 ° C.
- Reduce the red wine until you get a caramel blonde texture.
- Put all the ingredients in a teapot and cover with water.
- Bring to the boil and reduce the heat. Cook over very low heat for about 5 hours. Degrease every 20 minutes.
- Strain through fine porcelain without pressing. Book in front of the camera. If the container is not large enough, water will need to be added as the liquid decreases due to cooking.
- The next day, reduce by more than half until you get a permanent bottom.
- Try the salt, the portion and the reserve.
- Heat a saucepan of mineral water and bring to a boil.
- Add the peas and blanch for 5 seconds.
- Cool in water and ice
For the garlic puree
- Configure the garlic heads, cut in half, in olive oil until completely cooked and slightly golden in color.
- Remove the meat from each garlic and pass through a fine sieve, pressing with a spoon to obtain a fine puree.
- Transfer to a sleeve and store in the refrigerator.
- Reserve garlic oil for other preparations
For alcin sprouts
- Clean and dispose of dried or damaged shoots.
- Reserve between damp paper until use.
- Regenerate the sound for 6 minutes in the sand bath.
- Cut into slices 1.5 cm thick.
- Place the carion slices in a pan and glaze with the dark bottom.
- Fry the falafel and dry.
- Place four dots of garlic puree, forming a triangle and finish with another dot in the center. Place a ball of falafel on each point and add three sheets of yogurt. Spread 20 g of peas on a plate and cut with argan oil.
- Place the three pieces of glazed bell ringing in the holes of the triangle and four units of lime from the yogurt.
- Finally add seven alkyne buds.
Thanks for reading.