Joselito Iberian ham croquet
Diego Fernandez, the brand new winner of the I International Championship for the best ham croquet in the world in Madrid Fusion, gives us recipe of which it happens to be perfect croquet. To try it, you have to go to Regeiro, in the western part of Asturias.
- 100 g of soft olive oil
- 100 g of Serrano ham
- 100 g Iberian ham, fed with Joselito acorns
- 70 g flour
- 1 liter of milk
- Bread a little
- Serrano ham is poured into olive oil, without frying, for 15 minutes at 70 or 80 ºC.
- Strain the ham and add the flour to this oil, cooking it in a saucepan for about 10 minutes.
- Then add the milk, which should be warm (and which should be added twice) while stirring, so as not to form lumps. Bring to a boil and add the acorn-fed ham.
- Continue to cook for 25 minutes on very low heat, stirring constantly.
- Then allow to cool in the refrigerator, covered with a film that touches the dough to prevent the formation of crust.
- After cooling, the croquettes are shaped by hand (rounded shape) and passed through breadcrumbs and egg (only once), storing for a few minutes in the refrigerator.
- Finish by frying in very hot oil, about 210ºC.
Thanks for reading.
David from 55000 Recipes