Javier Romero baked cheesecake
How to make baked Javier Romero cheesecake. Today is a holiday in the Family Kitchen, because I bring you nothing more and nothing less than the cake I made to celebrate my 60th birthday. A very special cheesecake, in which I deconstructed (or more precisely constructed) the famous Basque house dessert for cider, cheese, quince and walnuts.
Contrary to what you may think, although the picture looks very clear, I did not make quince cream, which I then put on top. I cut thin slices of quince paste, which I then placed between the base and the cream cheese. Thus, when we bake the cake, the quince has melted, leaving us another concept for the cake. It can be said that it is so stuffed cheesecake. The truth is that she is the one I like the most so far and since I have never seen such a cheesecake, I gave myself my name.
As already mentioned, the origin of cheesecake leads us to Ancient Greece. At this time, cheesecakes are made, which are given to athletes to give them enough energy to withstand the effort. We have to thank the Greeks endlessly for their invention, because today the wonders of the cheesecakes we find are countless. Also, because there are so many varieties of cheese, we can make the same cake and change the cheese to vary the taste.
Proof of this is the number of cheesecake recipes I have in Family Kitchen. I like to try new things and I have versions of all kinds. Some classic, others curious and even without the use of the oven.
– Mango cheesecake (cake without oven)
– La Viña cheesecake (the bomb of the year)
– New York Cheesecake (the most classic)
– Chocolate cheesecake (another without oven)
General tips to make Javier Romero cheesecake to perfection:
– Do not lose details of the video and the written explanation. In both you will find all the tricks and details that you will have to nail the preparation of the cake. By that I mean that DO NOT play the video to save time, because you may have missed some important details of the preparation.
– I used Removable hoop shape with a diameter of 26 cm to make this cake. This is very important because if you use a mold of a different size may vary depending on the quantities to be used, until baking time.
– Baking time is relative to each oven and to the amount of liquid that the cake has. The thicker, the longer. Each of us knows his oven we need to intuite what time it will take to make the cake.
– You can exchange mascarpone cheese for cream cheese. The cake will lose some flavor, but you will save on costs.
Ingredients for 10 people
1 – We prepare the base for the cake
We start by spraying the cookies and nuts with the mixer and the accessory that comes to be cut. Then melt the butter a little in the microwave, making sure it’s not too much.
2 – Spread the dough to form the base
Then we will throw the cookie, the walnut and the butter in a bowl and mix everything until we get a paste. In case you notice that the whole cookie does not soak well, you will need to add a little more butter. We will now discard all the contents in the matrix and distribute it more or less evenly, making sure that the part of the edge is slightly higher. In this way we will avoid possible leaks.
3 – After cooling the base, cover it with quince leaves
Cut slices of quince paste about 5 mm thick and place them on the biscuit until it covers the entire surface. Then place the form in the refrigerator for 30 minutes so that the base is well compact when pouring the liquid mixture.
4 – We make the dough for the cake
Put the liquid cream, eggs and sugar in a large bowl. Beat so that they are well mixed and it will be when we add the mascarpone cheese, which we will also mix to integrate it into the mixture.
5 – Add the dough to the form
Remove the form from the refrigerator and pour all the liquid mixture inside, using a spoon to place under the jet and thus soften the impact of the fall. We turn on the oven at 200 ° C with heating up and down WITHOUT a fan.
6 – Bake the cake
When it is hot, put the form and bake the cheesecake for about 45 minutes. After this time we will pierce the cake with a metal skewer and if it comes out clean, it means that we can take it out of the oven.
7 – Disassemble the cake after a break
Wait for it to cool to room temperature to refrigerate for 4-5 hours to complete the setup. Then we can pour it and enjoy every bite.
8 – We serve and enjoy
And that’s it, friends, we finished our cake with Javier Romero cheese. I hope you will prepare it very soon at home and upload the final photo on Instagram, mentioning my account 55000 Recipes. So I will see that you made my cake and I will be very, very happy. Nothing more for today, more tomorrow and better here at Family Kitchen.
Now is your time.
David from 55000 Recipes