Ice residues flavored with carabinero essence
One of the latest suggestions from Mugaritz’s chef. The difficulty in making ice sheets requires a special machine imported from Japan. Carabinero juice, however, is delicious and very simple.
Chef: Andoni Aduris
An inevitable reference in modern haute cuisine, he sees his work as a way of expressing feelings. In his kitchen, technical and intellectual, everything has a specific justification. Since 1998 he has been managing the Mugaritz restaurant.
- For halophiles
- Fine salt
- 150 g of olive oil
- 500 g Carabiner heads
- For the carabinieri
- Ice cube 15×15
- For the scales
- Halophilic varieties
For the scales
- Remove the block from the freezer 30 minutes beforehand and leave in the cold.
- Insert the block into the scratch cutting machine.
- Always make abrasions, allowing the first ones to fall into the tray as they are more watery.
- In a saucepan add olive oil and heat over medium heat, about 130 degrees, add the heads and brown on each side for a minute.
- Let the heads rest in the oil and cover to concentrate the heat for 20 minutes.
- Crush in a mortar to make a paste.
- First pass through a normal strainer and then pass through a fine strainer.
- Add a pinch of fine salt and dispense into tubes, each for 15 ml.
- Blanch the sprouts in boiling water and immediately cool in ice water.
- Separate the youngest tips from the healthy branches and make separate portions.
- Reserve in the refrigerator until the time of its service.
Aqabao and presentation
- Pour the measuring cylinder into the carabiner juice.
- Place the remaining ice on a plate and quickly add the herbs.
Now is your time.