Iberian ham croquet
Alejandro Salcedo finalist of the first edition of Joselito Iberico Ham Croquettes International Championship during the Madrid Fusion 2015
- 1 liter of milk on the farm
- 1 top of joselite ham
- 4 organic eggs
- 100 g breadcrumbs
- 9 g gelatin in sheets
- 40 g ham fat
- 40 g Flour
- 60 g Butter
- 160 g Iberian ham joselito
- white pepper
- Macerate the milk on the farm with a ham tip for 12 hours. Cut 4 or 5 slices of ham, remove the fatty part, dehydrate it and keep it until the end of cooking.
- On a moderate heat in a saucepan, temper the ham fat for 3-4 minutes, add the oil and reduce the heat to a minimum, continue to infuse for 10 minutes.
- Remove the fat from the ham and raise the heat to maximum. Add the butter and cook the Roux until golden / toasted. Add the milk in three stages and add the Iberian ham, cut with a knife, to the last one.
- Add salt and white pepper to the point and add gelatin. We wait for it to boil and pour our béchamel into a tuper, take a picture of it and keep it in a cold room while it gels.
- We roll the croquettes and beat them with breadcrumbs, egg and finally with breadcrumbs mixed with ham powder from the slices that we have previously dehydrated.
- We book in a cold room.
- Fry at 160 o C and finish with a dry oven in 100 ° C, so that the semi-liquid texture remains with the whole aroma of Iberian Joselito ham.
Thanks for reading.