Homemade FILO DOUGH PURE MAGIC! The best dough in the world!
Contents of this recipe
Homemade FILO DOUGH PURE MAGIC! The best dough in the world !: Presentation
This is not magic, but a technique. I’ll tell you how to get some thin sheets of homemade filo dough. Make your own phyllo dough at home without complications. You will be amazed at what you are capable of. It remains the same as purchased, but with the pleasure that you made them. No big complication, you’ll see. The most important thing is to use a mixture of cornstarch and flour so that they do not stick together. You will see what recipes you can make with it.
For 20 sheets
- For the table:
- 500 g wheat flour (4 cups)
- 250 ml milk (1 cup)
- 100 ml butter (1/3 cup and 4 tablespoons)
- 10 ml vinegar (2 tablespoons)
- 5 g salt (1 teaspoon)
- For powdered flour:
- 200 g cornstarch (1 cup and a half)
- 100 g wheat flour) (1 cup)
Homemade FILO DOUGH PURE MAGIC! The best dough in the world !: Video recipes
You can watch this video on YouTube so you can comment, like, or subscribe to my video recipe channel.
Homemade FILO DOUGH PURE MAGIC! The best dough in the world !: Preparation of the recipe
1.- Prepare the dough. Put all the milk in a bowl. Add the butter, salt and vinegar. Stir a little and add the flour. Stir in the bowl until you find it difficult to continue kneading and transferring the dough to the work surface.
2.- Knead. Pour the dough over the marble and knead until you get a smooth dough. You can add a little more oil if you notice that it sticks to your hands. You can also knead with a mixer or food processor. After 10 minutes of kneading, form a ball and wrap with kitchen foil and let it rest for an hour.
4. – Prepare a mixture of cornstarch and flour in a bowl. Put the two flours in a bowl and mix well. This mixture serves so that the phyllo dough does not stick to the table or between the phyllo dough. Place part of the mixture in a strainer and sprinkle on the work table.
3.- Divide the dough. First form a circle with your hands and divide it into 20 portions. Divide first in half, then in quarters and take 5 servings from each quarter. Shake off excess flour from each serving and form into balls.
4.- Leave the 20 balls on a tray covered with plastic wrap to prevent them from drying out.
5.- Stretch the balls a little. Sprinkle some of the flour and cornstarch mixture on your work surface. Stretch the balls with a floured kitchen roller. Be careful not to deform them too much. See in the video how I do it. You need to create a mountain of 10 sheets, well floured on both sides so that they do not stick together and make all the dough match.
6.- Stretch the dough more. Roll out the dough on top of the mound and stretch back and forth. On one side and on the other. It is important that the edges match. So gradually stretch on all sides until they become very thin.
7. – Takeoff of the masses. Do it very carefully.
8. – Save the filo dough. Place some of the cornstarch and flour mixture on the greaseproof paper and place the first dough. Try to make it as flat as possible. Put a little flour and another layer on top. So, until all the tables are destroyed. To preserve them, put parchment paper on top and roll so that they are well wrapped. In turn, wrap it in kitchen foil.
My tips for making Filo dough:
If you are not going to use them right away, it is better to freeze them that way.
It is very important to distribute the cornstarch and the flour mixture between layer and layer so that they do not stick together.
Before using the phyllo dough, you need to remove the excess flour on both sides with a brush or brush. Paint with a little melted butter so that it is very crispy when cooking.
I’m leaving you The famous cake with flowers step by step. Stir in the milk pie VERY EASY to practice with the phyllo dough
Now is your time.
David from 55000 Recipes