Homemade donuts with lemon
How to make homemade donuts with lemon. Homemade donuts are a sweet that can be offered many occasions. There is very easy to prepare once you grab the dough and you can make a large number of them with little effort. Its origin dates from Roman Empire, a time when they spread throughout the Mediterranean, leading to the emergence of different versions. You can put them in snack or a birthday without any problem and you will be luxurious.
Here in Spain, it is common to consume them in Passion Weekalthough they are so popular pasta that you can find different version depending on the region you are in and of course you can get them At any time of the year. In La Rioja, where I live, the most famous are Anise donuts. At the medieval fairs that have become so fashionable in recent years, there are stalls that make them for you right now and believe me, there are few things that are more satisfying than eating some homemade and freshly made aniseed donuts.
Since I’m not unfamiliar with the interest generated by the various donut recipes, I posted a few in Family Kitchen. The difference between today’s lemon donuts and other recipes is that the rest are almost all fried and these are baked. The recipes I posted are:
– Cream and lemon donuts. They are similar to today’s recipe, but the cream softens the strength of the lemon with its milky taste. Recommended alternative for those who do not like citric acid too much.
– Orange dough. If you prefer citrus to orange, these are your donuts. Aroma less acid and infinitely more enjoyable, in my opinion.
– Anise donuts. These are the most classic I would say. Anise gives it sweetness and delicious taste. In addition, the amount of anise is so small that even children can eat them without any kind of danger.
– City donuts. Also known as litter in the rest of the world these donuts are typical of the town where I live, Aldeanueva de Ebro. They are centuries old and in the past they were made in large quantities to be distributed to guests at weddings, communions, and baptisms. They are square in shape and fried.
– Donuts of San Blas. Another recipe that goes into the oven. The composition is somewhat different from that of the other donuts and instead of being beaten in sugar, the San Blas donuts are added. just glaze on top. We usually consume them in early February, when San Blas falls. In Aldeanueva they are taken to a liturgy on the day of San Blas to be blessed.
– Wine splendor. Recipe consumed mainly at Christmas. These donuts are also baked and their structure is closer to that of ice cream or marzipanIt is therefore more common to make or buy at Christmas.
After all this compilation of recipes (which, by the way, they are all related in blue and you just have to click on the title to get to the desired recipe), I will tell you some tricks so that these homemade lemon donuts are perfect :
– To make these donuts, I used a kneading machine. If you don’t have one, you can do all the kneading by hand and they will look great on you too. The machine thing significantly reduces effort, but its absence should not be an obstacle not to prepare donuts.
– One way to make all donuts more or less the same is to use a sliced donuts. Utensils that I have in the online store Family Kitchen.
– Baking time depends on each oven And in this case I would say that exclusively from this, because if you use a donut knife, they will be the same size as mine.
– As for the coating, I put only a little powdered sugar, but you can put a chocolate coating, for example. In the family kitchen I have toppings of both chocolates White chocolate and dark chocolate.
Ingredients for 8 people
1 – We start kneading
We start by beating the eggs with the sugar on a medium high speed for 3 minutes. Then slow down a bit and add the lemon essence, melted butter and milk. We will not add the next one until the previous one is integrated into the mix.
2 – Add the flour
Then stop the machine and change the accessory to break the kneader. Start a slow shake and add the flour little by little until it integrates with the rest of the mixture.
3 – Finish the dough by hand
When all the flour is integrated, we can continue kneading with the machine until the dough is ready or throw it on a flat surface with sprinkled flour and finish it by hand. In any case, we must stop kneading when it no longer sticks to our hands. Until then, we will add flour very little by little, if necessary.
4 – Roll out the dough
After we finish kneading, we will spread the dough with a rolling pin.
5 – Cut the dough into donuts
Now we take a sliced donuts and press on the dough to remove pieces of dough shaped like a donut.
6 – Place them on a tray on baking paper
While cutting donuts, we will place them on a flat baking tray on which we will put greaseproof paper.
7 – Bake the donuts
We turn on the oven at 180ºC with heating up and down WITHOUT a fan. When it is hot, put the pan on and bake the donuts for about 25 minutes.
8 – Sprinkle powdered sugar on the donuts
After this time, remove the pan from the oven. Wait for them to cool a bit and sprinkle with powdered sugar on top to give them the final touch.
9 – We serve and enjoy
And that’s it, people, we finished our homemade donuts with lemon. I hope you prepare them very soon at home and upload the final photo on Instagram, mentioning my account 55000 Recipes So I will see that you have made the recipes and you will make me very happy. Nothing more for today, more tomorrow and better here at Family Kitchen.
Now is your time.
David from 55000 Recipes