The young chef Fede Tiseira brings us a delicious Italian dessert. Do you dare to prepare it?
- For the Semifreddo nut
- Walnut paste 160 gr
- Milk cream 200 g
- Gelatin (fish tail) 3 sheets
- Milk 315g
- Brown sugar 120g
- Honey 50g
- For the cake
- Eggs 3 units
- Muscovado sugar 100 g
- Flour 40 gr
- Walnut paste 30 gr
- It crumbles for the walnut
- Walnut flour 325 g
- Flour 180 gr
- Powdered sugar 220 g
- Butter 300 gr
- For the lemon jam
- Lemons 5 units
- Sugar 80 gr
- Glucose 35 gr
- About pecan tulle
- Peanuts 200 g
- protein 50 g
- 70 g powdered sugar
- Flour 40 gr
- For salty yogurt
- Natural yogurt 250 g
- Fine salt 5 gr
For Semifreddo walnut
- Put the walnut paste together with the honey and milk in a saucepan and heat until a homogeneous mixture is obtained. When the temperature is intermediate, add gelatin – previously hydrated in cold water – and stir with a stick. It is then filtered with chinos and cooled in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- On the other hand, whip the cream to the middle point and save.
- Take the base made in the first step and mix with a mixer until the consistency of an emulsion is achieved. Include the mixture together with the whipped cream twice.
- The first with vigorous movements to avoid lumps and uniform density, while the second in an enveloping way to acquire air in the preparation. Place the resulting mixture in a sleeve and later fill the silicone molds.
- Book in the freezer for about 8 hours.
For the cake with muscavado and walnut
- Using a thermomix, mix the eggs and muscovado sugar in the first step. When both ingredients are included, add the cream and walnut paste. Continue to mix and finally add the flour, pre-sifted. Filter the resulting detergent and place it in a siphon with 3 gas charges. Leave to stand for 2 hours.
- Take plastic containers (rectangular 15 cm x 8) and fill them to half capacity. Cook in the microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds. Allow to cool by turning the cake for 30 minutes and then refrigerate to collect the dish.
For the muscovado powder biscuit
- Take half the amount of cakes made in the previous step and cut them into small pieces. Dehydrate for 12 hours. After the drying time has elapsed, grind the pieces to a fine powder. Sift the same and reserve to present the dish.
It crumbles for the walnut
- Take the cold butter and cut it into small cubes. Put them in a bowl with the powdered sugar and form a sandblasted. In the next step, add the sifted flour. Process the ingredients until a homogeneous dough is obtained, without making movements that develop gluten.
- Put the dough in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Later, spread the crumbs on a plate on a silpat and cook in a medium oven (170 degrees Celsius) for 15 minutes.
For toasted pecans
- Take the walnuts and cut them into small pieces with a knife. Take a Teflon pan and place the chopped walnuts.
- Stir constantly with a wooden spoon and keep over the heat until golden.
- Allow to cool and save for serving.
For the lemon jam
- Peel the lemons live and arrange the segments, without the seeds, in a medium saucepan. Add the sugar together with the glucose and stir.
- Cook over low heat (approximately 25 minutes) until parts of the fruit juice are reduced to the consistency of jam.
About pecan tulle
- Process the walnuts together with the powdered sugar using a food processor or thermomix.
- Then add the pre-sifted flour and continue to stir until a homogeneous powder is obtained.
- Sift the resulting mixture again and finally turn on the egg whites using a hand mixer until a smooth paste is obtained.
- Divide the dough in two. The first part is stretched in silpat.
- Second, place it in a sleeve and make horizontal lines 2 mm thick on silicone.
- Cook the two preparations in a dry oven at 160 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes.
For salty yogurt
- Take 1 pot of natural yogurt (250 grams) and add salt. Shake vigorously and place in a decorator on a towel for 12 hours.
- After the drying time has elapsed, take the yoghurt and mix in an electric mixer until a homogeneous cream is obtained. Finally, sift the yogurt and arrange it in a sleeve for the last coat.
Thanks for reading.
David from 55000 Recipes