It is another landmark of Asturian cuisine. The traditional preparation of cider hake is done with the same sauce, but this significantly damages the hake and impregnates the fish excessively with the acidity of the apple.
Currently, Marcos Moran of Casa Gerardo chooses to make it steamed or in a light green sauce that maintains its juiciness, and to accompany it with cider soda.
Chef: Marcos Moran
Marcos is the fifth generation of the saga for hoteliers, but he would not have done anything without the involvement of his father, teacher Pedro Moran. Without forgetting how fabada is prepared, they brought Asturian cuisine into the 21st century. They are a great tandem.
- 1 bottle of Asturian natural cider
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 apples
- 2 large tomatoes
- 500 g chopped onion
- 4 hake fillets of 200 g
- Peel an onion and chop finely. Poach it in olive oil.
- Once golden brown, add the two tomatoes, peeled and crushed, and fry.
- When the tomato sauce is almost ready, add the sliced apples and cook carefully.
- Add the cider bottle and reduce to low heat.
- Mix the sauce so that it is fine and add salt to it.
- Stew hake fillet in steam for about 5 minutes. Cooking time will depend on their thickness.
- Place each fillet on a plate and accompany with the sauce. As a side dish you can put any preparation with apple (puree, sauteed apple, etc.)
Thanks for reading.
55000 Recipes for you