This is the recipe for one of the dishes prepared by chef Francis Paniego at El Portal de Echaurren, in Ezcaray.
Chef: Francis Paniego
Heir to an important saga for hoteliers, he is the great kitchen innovator in Riohan. He divides his life between Echaurren, the family restaurant in Ezcaray, where he has his restaurant, El portal de Echaurren, and Tondeluna, the gastro bar in Logroño.
- FOR COOKED SHUMEN GELLE
- 460 g of reed bones
- 460 Ham York
- 1,500 ml of water
- 25 gr. Kuzu
- FOR SAUCE
- 500 g of bones and a hex head
- 500 g of Arias oil
- 125 ml of water
- 2 g of fine salt
- FOR TEMPURA
- 200 g. Bulk wheat flour
- 0.1 g Rice flour
- 4 g of fine salt
- 3 g. Bread yeast
- 350 ml of Eristof vodka
- 200 ml of water
- 12 ml of honey
- FOR CONFECTED HACK
- 500 g tail hake
- 1 g of fine salt
- 50 gr. Ham York
- 10 g of Arias oil
For boiled ham
- Cut the ham into 1 cm cubes and bake them in the oven together with the cane bones at 180 ° C for at least half an hour.
- Deglaze the pan with some of the water to take advantage of the toasted sugars in the juices.
- Put everything in the pressure cooker at full power. With the first whistle, reduce the power until steam comes out and cook for 30 minutes.
- Strain through Chinese.
- Allow to cool.
- In a saucepan: for every 500 ml of juice add 25 grams of kuzu. Dissolve with a stick and bring to a boil while stirring.
- Save until use.
For Martha’s hake sauce
- Melt the butter and salt in a pressure cooker.
- Add the bloodless thorns, close the pot and put it on the fire. When it starts to whistle, reduce the heat and cook for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and mix lightly with a blender.
- Go through the Chinese.
- Keep cool until use.
For the Roman tempura
- Mix the flour with the salt and yeast.
- On the other hand, mix honey, water and vodka.
- Mix everything together, beat well and let it rest for 4 hours.
- Fry in sunflower oil at 180ºC.
- Place the hake fillets in vacuum bags with a tablespoon of hake sauce per serving. Put to cook in a saucepan for 10 minutes at 50 ° C.
I will see you on another recipe.