Greek stuffed pumpkins
Big, small, green, yellow, orange, round, oblong … Its sweet and tasty meat gives a lot of play in the kitchen, its hard shell becomes an original container for soups, stews or souffles.
- 4 small pumpkins (or otherwise 1 large)
- 2 grapefruits
- 2 onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 200 g of natural Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 bunch fresh onions
- Wash the pumpkins and boil them (or in boiling water if they are large) for about 10 minutes. Make a round incision with a knife, lift the top as if it were a lid, carefully remove the seeds from the inside and remove part of the pulp without breaking the bark. Cut the pulp into cubes and save.
- Mix the yogurt with a tablespoon of lemon juice and chopped onion. Season with salt and pepper, mix well and set aside.
- In a frying pan with olive oil, fry the chopped onion and grapefruit, sliced for life and cut into cubes. Add the diced pumpkin. Dress with a tablespoon of lemon juice, cover lightly with water and cook slowly for about 5 minutes. Cool and mix with yogurt sauce.
- Fill the pumpkins with this preparation and serve as an appetizer.
I will see you on another recipe.
David from 55000 Recipes