Foiegras, goat cheese and caramelized green apple
This Dani García dish covers the famous millefeuille, created by Alex Montiel, who became popular at the Martín Berasategui restaurant.
Great mix of ingredients, very easy to prepare at home. The inclusion of Ronda cheese is Garcia’s idea.
Chef: Danny Garcia
An intuitive professional who has elegantly updated the traditional Andalusian recipe book. His great mastery of technology does not take an iota of feeling from his kitchen. In 2014, he began a new professional phase, creating the group Dani García
- Sugar (for caramelization)
- 250 g almonds
- 500 g mitsuchen goose liver
- 150 g Ronda cheese (or other dried goat cheese)
- 80 g of bacon
- 75 ml of soy
- 150 ml of grape seed oil
- 2 green apples
- Cut the apples into the thinnest slices possible in a cold slicing machine or with a mandolin.
- In a rectangular shape of about 5 cm. deep place the first layer of apple.
- Add an 8mm layer of cheese and a layer of apple slices on top; from there place 3 layers of enemy of about 8 millimeters, the apple separating each of them.
- Leave in the refrigerator to take shape.
- Toast the almonds and cut them very finely.
- Cut the bacon into very small pieces and stew it in a non-stick pan until it becomes very crispy.
- Put everything in a container. Add soy and grape seed oil. Mix well.
- Cut the millefeuille very carefully and caramelize with sugar and a flashlight.
- Place the vinaigrette on top.
Note: if you don’t have a torch, you can burn the sugar with an iron used to burn Catalan cream or rice pudding.
I will see you on another recipe.
David from 55000 Recipes