Fig and red fruit compote
This recipe takes us back to Grandma’s kitchen, that of canned and jams that are prepared when the fruit is ripe and then consumed at any time of the year. Traditional jam, which can also accompany – without cream – game or pork dish. Try, try …
- Cinnamon powder
- Rosehip salt
- 1 bath raspberries
- 1 jar of blackberries
- 4 tablespoons dried blueberries (blueberries)
- 100 grams of sugar
- 150 ml of port
- 1 lemon peel
- 2 vanilla beans
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 250 ml whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 8 fresh figs (black)
- Put the Gate, sugar, lemon peel, cinnamon and vanilla in the pot, one whole pod and the other the seeds (open 1 pod lengthwise and scratch the inside). Add 100 ml of water and heat over low heat until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Meanwhile, wash the figs and cut them into quarters.
- Add the figs and other red fruits to the Port Syrup, sprinkle with a pinch of salt and simmer for about 8 minutes.
- Transfer the drained fruit to separate containers and bring the liquid to a boil until it is reduced and thick. Remove the lemon zest and spices.
- While whipping the cream with the powdered sugar.
- When serving, pour the port syrup over the fruit and serve with cinnamon cream sprinkled on top.
Thanks for reading.