Easter Mona. You will surely succeed!
Contents of this recipe
Easter Mona. You will surely succeed !: Presentation
Mona de Pascua is a sweet that the godparents give to the godparents on Easter day. There are many varieties. In Catalonia, for example, it is a cake, and in the Levante it is a Roscón de Reyes-like bun decorated with eggs. This last one is the one we will prepare. I suggest preparing the individual version or the family version. Or, why not, prepare both versions and surprise your loved ones. There is certainly not much left because they are delicious. I hope you enjoyed preparing them and then at the table surrounded by yours.
Check out these Alfajores cornstarch, filled with dulce de leche, which are the perfect breakfast to accompany coffee.
For 3 small monks or 1 large one
- About the yeast:
- 100 g plain flour (3/4 cup)
- 60 ml water (1/4 cup)
- 12 g of fresh yeast or 4 grams of dry yeast
- For the table:
- Yeast prepared before
- 450 g flour (3 and 2/3 cup)
- 3 eggs
- 125 g sugar (1/2 cup)
- 80 ml oil (1/3 cup)
- 12 g fresh yeast or 4 g dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons orange water
- Peel 1 lemon and orange
- 1 pinch of salt
- For decoration: 3 boiled eggs, beaten egg and sugar
Easter Mona. You will surely succeed !: Videoreceta
You can watch this video on YouTube so you can comment, like, or subscribe to my video recipe channel.
Easter Mona. You will surely succeed !: Preparing the recipe
1.- Prepare the sourdough. Dissolve half a tablet of yeast in water, stirring with a spoon. Add it to the flour and mix well until well integrated. Let it rest covered with plastic wrap for an hour until it doubles in size.
2.- Put all the flour in a bowl. Add a pinch of salt, sugar and mix well. Add the butter, the orange water, the three eggs, the well-crushed yeast, the orange and lemon peel and the yeast.
3. – Knead. If you have a mixer, knead in the machine. If not, knead by hand. First, mix everything well in the bowl. Transfer the dough to the marble when you can no longer knead in the bowl. Combine all ingredients by hand and knead alternating periods of kneading of one minute with a break of 5 minutes. Be patient, even if it sticks to your hands and do not add more flour.
4. – Let the dough rest. Put a drop of olive oil in a bowl and put the dough inside, covered with film. Let it stand for two hours until it doubles in volume.
5.-Remove the air from the dough and separate the dough into 3 parts.
6.- Form a ball with each of the tables. Now shape the threads. Stick your finger in the center and stretch, being careful not to break the dough. (Watch the video how I do it).
7.- Place the monk on the baking tray with greaseproof paper. Put a boiled egg in each egg. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and let them rest for 2 to 3 hours. Remember to leave the kitchen wrapper a little loose to allow the monkeys to grow.
8.- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees with heating up and down and without air.
9.- Paint the monk with a beaten egg. Sprinkle with pearl or plain sugar on top.
10.- Bake them in the second of the five levels of the oven at 175 degrees with heating up and down, without air, for 15 or 20 minutes.
11. – Transfer the monk to a rack to cool.
My tips for preparing Mona de Pascual:
To make a mona grande, do the same, but keep some dough for decoration. Prepare a few strips of dough and decorate the eggs. Watch the video as I do it in case it inspires you. The dough and baking time are the same.
I prefer to put already boiled eggs, but they can also be put fresh.
Thanks for reading.
David from 55000 Recipes