A duo of mussels and coconut white garlic
Carlos Pascal, a Chilean chef based in Madrid for years, owner and soul of the Kitchen Club, leaves us this fantastic recipe for white garlic
- 5 eggs
- 1 leaf kafir var
- 200 grams of coconut puree (boiron brand)
- 100 grams of peeled almonds
- For the white coconut garlic
- Squid ink to dark black
- Pinch of salt
- Other ingredients
- 1 cup small red chard leaves
- ½ tablespoon merken
- 25 ml oil
- 13 grams of flour
- 40 grams of peeled almonds
- For the black almond cake
- Tie thread
- 12 slices of smoked bacon
- 12 mussels
- For the clam
- 30 ml of rice vinegar
- Salmon caviar
For the white coconut garlic
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and mash for 8 minutes until the cream is very fine, pass through a fine sieve and reserve in the refrigerator.
For the clam
- Season the mussels, roll them in a slice of bacon and close them with a knot of thread.
- Scar with a trickle of soft olive oil to golden brown, cut the thread.
- We reserve the right to serve.
For the black almond cake
- Mix in a food processor, pass through a fine sieve, siphon with 3 loads.
- Leave to stand for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Place perforated cups and microwave for 30 seconds in portions of 3 cups at a time.
- Wait for it to cool, peel it, cut it into small stones and dry it in the oven for about 2 hours or until it dries at 80 °.
- In a deep bowl 2 two mussels and accompany them with a garden of roe deer, sponge cake, sprouts and flowers.
- Serve the white garlic in a snack jar to complete the dish on the table.
Thanks for reading.