Dried fruit mousse and crown
The king of desserts, chocolate, can be served in a thousand ways, although the mousse for its lightness in the mouth is one of the favorites, if we add a few nuts, the combination will be perfect.
- 3 egg yolks
- 6 proteins (200 g)
- 20 g chopped walnuts
- 20 g of almonds
- 20 g hazelnuts
- 20 g of dried apricots
- 20 g raisins
- 80g sugar
- 30 g of water
- For the mousse
- 330 g 60% dark chocolate
- 150 g heavy cream
- 50g sugar
- Cut the chocolate and melt it in the microwave at 500W, stirring occasionally.
- Heat the heavy cream in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Pour a third over the melted chocolate and mix in concentric circles with a rubber spatula to make the mixture shiny.
- Add another third of cream when the first is well mixed with the chocolate and repeat the operation with the last third. The cream should be smooth and shiny.
- Turn on the yolks, mix well.
- Mount the egg whites until stiff with a pinch of salt. Add them to the chocolate little by little with enveloping movements so that the mixture is ventilated and homogeneous.
- Book twelve hours in the refrigerator.
- In a thick-bottomed saucepan, cook the water with the sugar until you get caramel. Add the nuts and mix well.
- Serve the mousse with the caramelized nuts.
Now is your time.
David from 55000 Recipes