Creamy croquet from Iberian ham Joselito – Castru El Gaiteru
Pedro Noriega finalist in the third edition of the Joselito Iberico Ham Croquettes International Championship during the Madrid Fusión 2017
- 2 liters of fresh milk from Porrúa
- 150 flour
- 70 oil
- 70 ham fat
- 150g ham bone
- 140 Joselito ham, finely chopped with a knife
- Fine breadcrumbs
- Boil the milk with the ham bone and let it infuse for 90 minutes, covered with a film.
- Add equal parts of ham fat and soft olive oil to melt and strain.
- Make a ruffle with the butter, ham fat and flour and gradually add the strained milk and cook, stirring, for 18 minutes.
- When there are 5 minutes, add the Iberian ham.
- Remove to a pan, cover with foil and leave to rest for at least 12 hours.
- Beat some eggs, break the structure of the béchamel with a fork and roll the croquettes, passing first through the egg and then through the breadcrumbs.
- Take a break aan hour before frying in oil at 180ºc and removing absorbent paper.
Now is your time.