Corn with milk
Modern and elegant dish prepared with bad ingredients.
Chef: Mauro Colagreco
Mauro Colagreco. Restaurant Mirazur (Chin. France) 2 Michelin stars. No. 11 in World 50Best. Argentine chef living in France, where he runs his own restaurant, Mirazur.
- 200 gr. Fondant ?? vega ?? (Patisfrance)
- 100 grams of sugar
- 1 liter of mineral water
- 35 g of quicklime
- 25 g Nougat
- 200 g Peruvian corn mote
- 2 cloves
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 1000 g whole milk
- 100 g Milk cream
- For corn
- To the end
- Q / N of white coriander flowers
- 1 vanilla bean
- For milk foam
- 200 g. Corn cooking liquid
- 50 g of glucose
- For the lens
- 140 g of coriander leaves
- 50 g of powdered milk
- 5 g stabilizer
- 100 grams of sugar
- 100 g of glucose
- 200 g cream
- 800 g of milk
- For ice cream
- Milk Q / N
- ½ gelatin sheet
- Q / N lime cubes
For corn with milk
- Mix quicklime and mineral water, dilute well and soak the roasted corn overnight in this mixture.
- The next day, take the corn and discard the quicklime mixture.
- Rinse the corn with a little fresh water and drain.
- Put the milk and cream in a saucepan next to the rinsed corn porridge and add the vanilla beans.
- Bring to a boil and then cook over low heat until the corn is soft and the mixture is thick. (Rice pudding texture). Add the sugar last and stir well to dilute before removing from the heat.
- Strain hot and separate the cooked corn and cooking liquid.
- Cool and book.
For milk foam
- We need to extract the cooking liquid from the corn and see if it is too thick.
- If so, you need to reduce the thickness with a little milk.
- Heat some of the mixture and dilute a sheet of pre-hydrated gelatin, then add to the other part.
- Place the mixture in a siphon and place two refill gas cartridges.
- Book cold.
For coriander ice cream
- Add all the ingredients except the coriander leaves to the pan and dilute the glucose and sugar well.
- Put the coriander leaves in the blender cup.
- When the mixture is very homogeneous and very hot, pour it on the leaves and crush everything to get a very green and homogeneous liquid, go through a fine Chinese and cool quickly to avoid oxidation of coriander.
- Freeze in jet bowls and stir once frozen.
For the crystal
- Put all the ingredients in a saucepan and put them on the fire to melt and reach a temperature of 145 ° C.
- Once it reaches 145 ° C, pour the thick syrup over the silpat and allow to cool.
- When cooled, we will have a hard and transparent white mass, which we will break into small pieces and crush in a thermomix to achieve a fine powder.
- On a sheet of silpat on a baking sheet we will put a continuous shape of circles that reach 10 cm in diameter.
- Using a small, fine strainer, sprinkle the crystal powder on each of the molds until the surface is well covered.
- Remove the molds and place the plate in an oven preheated to 175 ° C to melt the powder and obtain round sugar crystals.
- Remove from silpat and store in an airtight plastic container between pieces of parchment paper and silicon inside the box.
- Place a good spoonful of corn on the bottom of a semi-deep dish.
- Cover the corn with a good amount of milk foam.
- Place a large corn coriander ice cream on the corn and place a crystal.
- Decorate with five coriander flowers, which will be harmoniously distributed throughout the dessert.
Thanks for reading.
David from 55000 Recipes