Escudella is a Catalan stew. In this case, the meat is replaced with cod, as suggested by the tradition of awake cuisine.
Chef: Joan Roca
Joan Roca is one of the three pillars that support this miracle called Celler de Can Roca. His specialty is salty cuisine. An educated, sensitive and discreet person, he is admired and loved by all his colleagues.
- 400 g of cod tail
- 1 through
- 10 cl raw olive oil
- 4 cabbage leaves
- 10 cl water
- 1 carrot
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 200 g of cooked chickpeas
- 50g cooked pasta
- 200 g desalinated cod crumbs
- 3 cloves garlic
- 10 cl olive oil
- 100 g cod belly (soaked 12 hours ago)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons cod broth (or fish broth)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 400 g desalted cod
- Configure the cod in oil at 70 ° C for 12 minutes. Reserve.
- Blanch the cabbage leaves in boiling water for a few seconds. Cool quickly and book.
For the escudel.
- Stew the vegetables in a medium saucepan with a little oil.
- When they start to acquire a little color, add the cod tails and water.
- Cook the whole for about half an hour.
- Strain the broth, add chickpeas and mix until a fine and homogeneous cream.
- Put the garlic in olive oil.
- When they have color, add the crushed cod to continue to limit yourself to very low heat.
- Mix while adding olive oil to a fine thread until you get a compact emulsion (cod brand)
- In a rectangular shape lined with plastic wrap, assemble overlapping layers of cabbage leaves, brandy, pasta, brandy and again cabbage leaves.
- Refrigerate to seal.
- When serving, cut into portions.
For the stomach for fever.
- Clean them perfectly from the black mesh that covers them and cut them into cubes.
- Confite the finely chopped garlic when it acquires a little color, pour the chopped intestines and cook on low heat for about 15 minutes, sprinkling with cod broth to prevent drying.
- After the time has elapsed, pour very slowly and without stopping to stir the olive oil until a stable emulsion is obtained.
- Finally add the chopped parsley.
- Place a serving of cod in the center of each plate.
- A portion of terrine on one side and a tablespoon of tripe on the other.
- Serve the escudel at the table.
Now is your time.
David from 55000 Recipes