Chickpeas and flakes
Sergio and Javier Torres are one of the most suitable tandem chefs at the moment, both for their restaurant Dos Cielos and for their Cocina2 program. We extract this recipe from his book From earth to heaven (Planeta), where they review some of the best products in Spain and give brilliant formulas to get the best out of them.
Chef: Sergio and Javier Torres
Two brothers, Two heavens (mountain and sea), two countries (Spain and Brazil, where they also have restaurants) … duality seems to rule his life and enrich it. Increasingly focused on their kitchen, they do not stop reaping success.
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 g black peppercorns
- 50 g smoked bacon
- 4 green asparagus
- 1 carrot
- 1 Dutch onion (fine)
- 2 mini pots
- 1 var
- Salt and pepper
- 150 g chickpeas Fuentesauco
- Soak the chickpeas the day before before preparing the recipe.
- Arrange the chickpeas well, covered with water, in a saucepan, along with a whole clove of garlic with the skin, bay leaf, smoked bacon and black pepper.
- Cook until very tender. Strain and cool when ready. Save some of the cooking water.
- Treat chickpeas in a food processor with the preserved cooking water. Season with salt, pepper and lime juice. Pour through a fine sieve and serve in a bowl.
- Cut raw and clean vegetables into about 10 cm sticks. From the Dutch onion, use only the green part, which is not so fibrous. When all the vegetables are cut, stick them in the cream, playing with the color scheme.
- Drizzle with plenty of extra virgin olive oil.
I will see you on another recipe.
55000 Recipes for you