The flesh of the cheek is soft and tender if cleaned well and stewed long enough to release all the collagen.
Chef: Paco Ronsero
He is the prototype of the 21st century hospitality professional: a chef and an equal manager. Technically, creative, rigorous, his performance is astounding. Clearly associated with avant-garde cuisine, he does not blush when he declares himself a fan of popular dishes such as fried eggs or chorizo beans.
- 20 g wild onion, chopped
- 40 g of fresh rosemary
- 40 g of fresh thyme
- 300 g red tomato salad
- 40 g of fresh garlic
- 400 g onions
- 200 g through
- 400 g carrots
- 1200 g beef cheeks
- 100 g of parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- 100g sugar
- 240 cl young red wine
- 10 g of fresh garlic
- 5 cl olive oil
- 200 g of tagliatelle
- 48 g duck liver
- 2 cl liquid cream
- 8g butter
- 80 g ball of celery
- 4 g chervil
- 12 cl port
- 80 cl red wine juice
- Remove the fat from the cheeks. Add salt and pepper, flour and fry in plenty of oil.
- Drain and dry the excess fat. Store at room temperature.
- Reduce the wine with the sugar and meat broth to 1/3 of its volume, checking the acidity level.
- Meanwhile, sauté the minced garlic and onion over low heat, covered.
- When the onion is transparent, add the leeks. Cook for 10 minutes and add the carrots.
- Once the vegetables are completely soft, add sugar and caramelize.
- Add the tomatoes, stew for 10 minutes and add the Port, allowing it to reduce to 1/3 of its volume.
- Add the previously reduced red wine. When the sauce starts to boil, add the cheeks and herbs. Cooking should be as slow as possible, about 4 hours at 100 °.
- After the preparation of the cheeks is finished, separate the cheeks from the resulting juice and reduce it until the desired point is reached.
- Emulsify with oil so that it is a creamy and shiny sauce.
- Cook celery in unsalted water.
- Cut the goose liver.
- Work in the thermomix with the oil and celery, drained at speed 12, for 3 minutes.
- Sift, adjust the salt and add the chopped chervil.
Tagliatelle with onion and garlic
- Cook tagliatelle in boiling salted water.
- Drain and mix with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Saute finely chopped garlic in hot olive oil, add cooked tagliatelle and chopped onion and saute.
- Heat the cheek with the sauce and arrange on the plates, next to it, a small pile of tagliatelle and a tablespoon of celery puree.
Thanks for reading.
55000 Recipes for you