Swiss chard mixed with spelled bread, oil and lyophilized vegetable gel
Surprising texture of this “fluffy”, made with spelled bread, an ancient cereal widely used in Asturias for some time, whose use is recovering. Supposed way to eat vegetables.
Chef: Jose A. Campoviejo
You have a wonderful moment. Your kitchen is more tidy and round than ever. A staunch defender of nearby products, he is proud to have contributed to the modernization of Asturian cuisine.
- 1 kg of very ripe tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- For fluffy bread, chard and oil
- 400g clear chard water
- 110 g extra virgin arbequin oil
- 90g of 2 or 3-day spelled bread crumbs
- 2u gelatin sheet
- 1g agar agar
- For gelatinized tomato water
- v / n sol
Gelatinized tomato water
- Squeeze the tomatoes with your hands in a bowl.
- Add sugar and salt and let rest for 6 hours.
- After a while, mix in a thermomix and strain through cheesecloth overnight, weighing on top.
- Straighten the clear liquid obtained from salt and sugar.
- Set with 2g agar agar for each kilogram of water.
- Bring the agar agar to a boil with a quarter of it and mix with the rest at room temperature
- Place 2 tablespoons in a selected deep bowl and allow to set.
- Reserve in the refrigerator until ready.
Tender bread, chard and butter
- Put half of the tomato water, bread and oil in the thermomix.
- Bring the other half of the tomato water to the boil with the very heavy agar agar, dissolve the pre-hydrated gelatin sheets and pour over the thermomix
- Activate maximum power for 2 or 3 minutes, do not strain and place in square forms with a height of 2 cm.
If you want to do Fluffy bread soaked in tomatoes and oil, we just need to replace 400 g of translucent chard water with 400 g of translucent tomato water.
Thanks for reading.