Castilian soup or garlic soup
Los Galayos Restaurant Recipe
Castellana soup or garlic soup is a traditional Castilian soup. This is a soup of very modest origin, which is why stale bread from other days is used. The shepherds made this type of soup because they carried with them all the ingredients that make it up. In Los Galaios, they make this recipe with water so as not to add excess fat.
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 10 cloves garlic
- 12 Slices of stale bread
- 150 g of Serrano ham
- 2 tablespoons sweet red pepper from La Vera.
- 2.5 liters of water
- First, the garlic is sliced. Redden the garlic, add the ham, cut into small cubes. Stir well to mix.
- Then add the slices of stale bread and stir.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle with sweet paprika.
- Stir well.
- Return to the heat without boiling, stew everything for 2-3 minutes. Add the water.
- Cook for 20 minutes without stirring.
- Then add the rest of the bread, placing the slices on the surface and leave them until soft.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Serve in a clay pot, adding one egg per person, letting the egg harden for a few minutes.
Now is your time.
55000 Recipes for you