Cucurbit and aniseed cannelloni
The love for local products and highly complex dishes, despite their apparent simplicity, are a hallmark of them cooks that with this dish they pay homage, like few others, to partridge as a raw material of the best gastronomy.
Chef: Daniel Ochoa and Luis Moreno Montia
Without feeling the corset of the pressure of the big cities, Daniel Ochoa and Luis Moreno have developed a free, delicate and slightly creative kitchen, based on the product of the environment, which “orders and commands” in their menu. Montia, the Revelation restaurant in Madrid Fusión 2014, has become an oasis for terroir lovers on the outskirts of Madrid.
- For the pumpkin cream
- 100 g white vermouth
- Half a cabbage
- 200 g pumpkin
- 1 dill bulb
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 partridges
- For partridge stew
- 50 g butter
- 50 g cream
- 100 g of celery
- 15 grams of butter
- 100 grams of sugar
- 100 g of water
- 100 g peeled pumpkin seeds
- For frozen pumpkin seeds
- 50 grams of sugar
- 50 g of water
- Fresh dill
- 100 g pumpkin
- For the candied pumpkin
- 3 fat zucchini
- For sliced zucchini
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Star anise
For partridge stew
- We brown the partridges in a pot and keep them. In the same oil, brown garlic, onion, 12 dill bulbs and celery, chop the fat. We wet it with vermouth and let the alcohol evaporate. Add the partridges, salt and pepper, two bay leaves and cover with water, flatten with the partridges. Cover the pan and cook for 2 and a half hours on low heat.
- We remove the partridges, the bones and keep the crushed meat. Strain the broth, reduce and mix with cornstarch. At the last boil, add a spray of raw vermouth and oil kernels.
- Poach the rest of the vegetables cut into brunoise and add partridge flakes. Wet with the sauce (reserving a little) and keep cold.
For sliced zucchini
- Wash the zucchini well and cut the sides lengthwise (approximately 10 cm). In the cutter we make thin slices, also longitudinally, keeping the green part.
- We stack the sheets one by one on the silpax, starting from the bottom up. Bake at 120 degrees for 8 minutes, leave to cool and roll with a skewer.
For the candied pumpkin
- We prepare a light syrup with a pinch of salt, in which we pour dill and which we will use to jam pumpkin cubes. They will be about 30 minutes until soft, but are whole.
For frozen pumpkin seeds
- We make syrup to the thread.
- We introduce the pipes and stir vigorously from the fire until they are breaded.
- Dry in the oven at 120 degrees for 10 minutes.
For the pumpkin cream
- Arrange the peeled pumpkin in a bowl with the remaining ingredients, except the cream.
- Bake at 150 degrees for an hour and a half. To very soft, but not toasted.
- Mix in a thermos at 60 degrees with the cream.
- We fix the salt.
About the cladding
- Paint the cannelloni with partridge sauce and bake for 4 minutes at 170 degrees.
- Paint the plate with lines of pumpkin cream and arrange the dice and pumpkin seeds around it.
- Add to it a fresh touch with a few dill leaves on each dice of pumpkin.
Now is your time.
David from 55000 Recipes