Roll of bonito
A typical summer dish that you want at any time of the year
Chef: Marcos Moran
Marcos is the fifth generation of the saga for hoteliers, but he would not have done anything without the involvement of his father, teacher Pedro Moran. Without forgetting how fabada is prepared, they brought Asturian cuisine into the 21st century. They are a great tandem.
- 3 eggs
- 1 kg of pure and chopped bonito
- 300 g ratatouille (fried onions and peppers) well strained
- 3 cl cream
- 30 g of a little bread
- 40 g breadcrumbs
- 50 g of flour
- Frying oil
- For the sauce
- 5 onions
- 1 red pepper
- 2 tomatoes
- 5 cl brandy
- 10 cl chicken broth
- Light extra virgin olive oil
- Mix the raw bonito, ratatouille, two eggs, 10 grams of flour, breadcrumbs and a pinch of salt.
- Dip the bread with the cream until you get a homogeneous dough. Add it to the previous mixture.
- Form meatballs with this dough. Spread them with the remaining flour and egg and fry.
- Peel and chop the onion and tomatoes separately. Chop the pepper.
- Stew onions with peeled red pepper. When the vegetables are soft, add the tomatoes. Make a few turns and flambé with brandy.
- Add the chicken broth so that the sauce is sufficient. Simmer until the sauce thickens and takes shape. The onion should be completely removed. Add the meatballs and cook for 20 minutes.
- Take them out, reserve and filter the sauce.
- Serve the meatballs with the sauce. Instead of meatballs, you can form a roll or a large rectangle and cut it into smaller rectangles after cooking (as in the picture) to make it more modern and colorful.
Thanks for reading.