Beef with egg and creamy celery root
A colorful way to present meat with a company that does not fail: the egg, poached and fried.
Chef: Javier Esteves
Javier Esteves open a new horizon for kitchen with offal. In an informal setting, he manages to give a modern and cosmopolitan character to recipes with meat from organs and offal.
- 125 g butter
- 750 g beef
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 75 g chopped tomatoes
- 1 chopped leek
- 4 eggs
- olive oil
- 250 g of celery root
- 300 ml of red wine
- Blanch the stomach for 10 minutes in salted water and bay leaf. Drain, discard the water and save.
- Make a sauce with the vegetables. When they become tender, add the whole wreath and cover with water. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Also, poach the eggs in water, leaving them slightly curdled. Reserve.
- In another saucepan, boil the peeled and chopped celery root in salted water. When it becomes tender, mix in a thermomix and beat with butter until a creamy puree is obtained. Season with salt and reserve.
- Once the meat is cooked, strain the broth, discard the vegetables and cool the shell casings.
- Reduce the red wine and add it to the cake broth. Cook until smooth and shiny bottom. At the end add peeled garlic clove and a sprig of rosemary.
- At the time of serving, cut eyebrows into schnitzels, mark them in a very hot pan and fry the eggs in plenty of olive oil, being careful not to break the yolk.
- Put a line of celery root puree, the meat on top and finish with the egg and red wine juice.
Now is your time.