The bull itself is a sponge cake enriched with oily fat, typical of the interior of Galicia, especially from the Trives region at the foot of the winter season of Cabeza de Manzaneda, very juicy and tasty, accompanying both the desktop and a good breakfast.
The term butter in Galicia refers to the fat that raw milk leaves on top, is gradually withdrawn and stored in the refrigerator until a sufficient amount is obtained. As this is not easy to find, there is no choice but to replace the oil with it.
Chef: Pepe Sola
An heir to an important saga with hoteliers, he began working in the dining room as a sommelier to finish in the kitchen. Now, in full maturity, with a fruitful journey, he sees his consolidated project: the renovation of Galician cuisine is a reality.
- 100 g cream
- 80 g buttermilk
- 4 eggs
- 2 g of salt
- Powdered sugar
- 90g sugar
- May 10
- 400 g flour
- Divide the egg white and yolk into 2 eggs, beat the yolks with the other two eggs and half the sugar.
- Add the flour sifted with the yeast and work everything together. Add the butter and cream and process everything.
- Meanwhile, beat 2 egg whites with the remaining sugar and add little by little to the previous mixture, making sure that the meringue does not lose its air.
- Pour the dough into a form and bake at 160 ° for 35 minutes. In the middle of cooking, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Check readiness by clicking with a skewer and allowing to cool.
- Disassemble and serve
Thanks for reading.