One of the keys to Mexican cuisine is the omelet. The chef Roberto Ruiz reveals its own formula in the recipe for this barbecue with French steaks, one of the most juicy cuts of meat in the cookbook of this country
Chef: Roberto Ruiz
Roberto Ruiz achieved the epic achievement by winning a Michelin star at the head of Punto MX, his Mexican restaurant in Madrid. This is the only case in Europe. And by the way, completely justified.
- 1 cup water
- 1.5 kg of beef offal
- 3 ancho chili peppers
- 8 chili guajilo
- Stick cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves garlic
- ⅓ A glass of vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 6 sprigs of thyme
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 2 cloves
- 0.5 liters of water
- 40 g coriander
- 1 onion
- For tortillas
- ½ kg white corn caucasin
- 5 tablespoons lime
- Crush sesame seeds, cinnamon and cloves in Thermomix.
- Mix with the other ingredients and add 0.5 liters of water.
- Cut the meat and cook with the resulting sauce for 4 hours.
- Chop the meat.
- Heat the omelet on the grill and fill with the stew.
- It can be finished with finely chopped onions and coriander. To serve.
- Clean the corn kernels by hand. Rinse with cold water and drain.
- Place in a container and add water until it exceeds the surface of the corn.
- Mix a glass of water with powdered lime (carefully with your eyes).
- Add the mixture to the container through a fine sieve. Stir well.
- Put the container on a moderate heat. Cook without boiling until small bubbles appear. Reduce heat until the skin peels off easily with your fingers (± 15 minutes).
- Remove from the heat and let the container rest for 20 hours.
- Drain and rinse with cold water, removing the crusts.
- Grind the grain until you get the dough.
- Work the dough until smooth and smooth.
- Heat the iron.
- Take a piece of dough and make a ball with a diameter of about 3-4 cm.
- By hand: Slap between the hands, spreading the dough with each slap, in one hand and then in the other, swapping the dough by hand. Take a thin disk of dough with a diameter of about 15 cm, place the tortilla on the coma.
- With a press: Place the ball in the press on a plastic bag and cover with the other side of the bag. Press hard, but not with great force. Open the press and carefully remove the flattened dough from the bag. With your hands, place the tortilla horizontally on the coma.
- Leave for 15 seconds and turn the tortilla. Let it cook for another 30 seconds. Turn to the starting side and cook for another 15 seconds.
- Place the tortillas in a basket with a towel to keep warm
I will see you on another recipe.
55000 Recipes for you