Anchovies in vinegar
The classic of tapas bars in Madrid. Preparation is easy and guarantees absolute success at any table that includes appetizers. Anchovies in vinegar is one of the kings of the tables.
- 1 box of pickled peppers
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 500 ml of quality wine vinegar
- 500 g of fresh anchovies
- 75 g of Campo Real olives
- 1 clove garlic (optional)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Clean the anchovies, remove the head and spine and separate the groin.
- Leave them in cold water for a few minutes so that they bleed and turn white. Change the water as many times as necessary until it comes out clean. Drain well.
- Dissolve the salt in the vinegar.
- Place a layer of anchovies in a glass jar and pour over the salted vinegar. Arrange another layer on top and repeat the operation until you are done with the fish and the liquid.
- Leave to marinate in the refrigerator for at least one night.
- Wash the anchovies and drain them. Arrange them in a bowl and cover them with olive oil. Sprinkle with minced garlic (optional)
- Serve with olives and red pepper strips.
To avoid the risks of anisakis, it is best to freeze them once they are clean, or buy them already frozen.
Now is your time.
David from 55000 Recipes